Monday 13 October 2008

Correlation

I have spotted a direct inverse correlation between workload and blogging frequency before. The last month (since I received a promotion, thereby increasing the number of accounts I work on and the responsibilities I have for each of these) has yet again highlighted this relationship.

I have kept writing, doing some major surgery on my WIP, taking out around 10,000 words of back-story that isn't strictly crucial for what I'm trying to say. I've also plotted more and been working on filling out scenes I've sketched. Unfortunately, I haven't updated my word count here, but will when I remember and am on the right computer.

I'm also getting that autumnal NaNo-is-just-round-the-corner feeling, and story ideas unrelated to my WIP keep popping up. I'm trying to suppress them so far, but maybe a break is what I need...

1 comment:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Congratulations on the promotion (I hope it came with a salary increase) and on the writing.

 
Who links to me?