Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Harry Potter e la Pietra Filosofale - J.K. Rowling

I started this for the first time in April 2007, while on holiday in Sardinia with S and a few chums. It didn't go very well. My GCSE Italian was not really up to the challenge, and I'd forgotten my little dictionary, so I quickly gave up. I started again last summer, hoping for a bit of light relief following my A level, and a fun way to build up my fluency and stamina. I think it worked - when I began, I was looking up dozens of words on each page, and really puzzling over quite a lot of grammar. Last night I didn't look up a single word, despite having my dictionary beside me, and my www.wordreference.org app on my iPhone, ready and waiting just in case.

I'm also reading set books for my degree course, and finding that they're tougher than Harry Potter, but a little easier because of him. I know that I can read now 7 or 8 pages in Italian in one sitting, without being tied to a dictionary, and while it's harder to guess what unknown words mean when you don't know the story, that doesn't mean it's impossible.

I'm off to Milan for a week on Saturday, and I think I'm going to be picking up 'Harry Potter e la Camera dei Segreti', and possibly one or two others. That way, no matter how confused I get by my set texts, I'll know that I've always got something manageable I can read - just what I need to make sure I actually do some Italian every day.

7 comments:

JJ Beattie said...

Crumbs, credit to you. I hope you're enjoying it too.

Ellie said...

Thanks JJ, I'm loving it! I'm such a geek...

gg said...

性感內衣,情人趣味愛蜜莉,
跳蛋影片,自慰,
情趣,情趣用品,

跳蛋情人趣味,情人趣味用品,
情人節禮物,情人趣味愛戀,
情趣用具,
跳蛋,情趣用,

按摩棒,按摩棒,
飛機杯loveoyea,吊帶襪,
自慰器,自慰杯,
情人趣味用品液,影音情人趣味,
情趣用品,情趣,
情趣味用品,情趣用具店,

按摩棒,變頻按摩棒,
電動按摩棒,按摩棒,

maria said...

Hi!... My name is maria and I'm new in this world of blogs.. I really liked yours and now im gonna follow it.
Please if you can, visit my blog, I would really appreciate it..
Congrats on your blog!!!
cheers.
Maria

Mike said...

Hello,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for
www.BlogInterviewer.com . We'd like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online at http://bloginterviewer.com/submit-an-interview

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

小研 said...

Do not delete this article, there is ad-supported access to 500 U.S. dollars reward, activity time to 2010/12/31 the end of this period we will have staff members from time to time to visit, hope you have the opportunity to receive prizes!

關鍵字行銷 網路行銷 軟體行銷 搬家 活水機 濾水器 淨水器 1069 GUCCI GUCCI包 GUCCI包包 LV包 LV LV包包 除腳臭 自慰器 情趣用品 情趣商品 跳蛋 按摩棒 高雄監視器 監視器 監視器材 監視攝影 網路創業 當鋪 當舖 流當品 特賣會 團體服 免費廣告 佛具 加盟 臭臭鍋 加盟 火鍋 期貨 婚紗 情趣用品 情趣 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 減肥 豐胸 整形 電波拉皮 雷射溶脂 飛梭雷射 私密處保養 seo 104 104論壇 seo 行銷軟體 免費網路創業 網路賺錢

Anonymous said...

In 130 countries around the world, each piece of Omega Watches was sold by first-class dealers is the young generation's ideal Omega Watches sale in modern times.as well as pursue the cheap Omega Watches. In American, dicount Omega Watches is the most popular and
Omega replica Watches
and the best Omega Watch .The combination of Omega Watch sale and the cheap Omega Watch make Fake Omega Watch the leader in the watchesindustry. dicount Omega Watch in modern times is very popular and Omega replica Watch must give you a new life

 
Who links to me?