Thursday, 12 July 2007

Ouch!

On my way to work this morning I walked past a building site which had made the pavement around it rather muddy. It was drizzling (of course!) and I was wearing my lovely new black boots. They are flat-heeled, but have quite slippy soles, so it was probably slightly my own fault when I ended up slightly shocked flat on the pavement. My right knee and umbrella took the brunt of the fall, and I pulled myself back upright slightly shakily. I was a bit surprised that no-one on this busy Mancunian street even asked if I was OK, though this may have had something to do with the fact that I sounded like Hugh Grant in the first few minutes of 'Four Weddings and a Funeral'...

2 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I'm sorry to say that made me laugh. But then I've seen Four Weddings. Hope your knee and umbrella are feeling better now.

liz fenwick said...

Like Zinnia I chuckled.....sorry. It is amazing how sometimes the world ignores you.

 
Who links to me?