Thursday 12 July 2007

Ouch!

On my way to work this morning I walked past a building site which had made the pavement around it rather muddy. It was drizzling (of course!) and I was wearing my lovely new black boots. They are flat-heeled, but have quite slippy soles, so it was probably slightly my own fault when I ended up slightly shocked flat on the pavement. My right knee and umbrella took the brunt of the fall, and I pulled myself back upright slightly shakily. I was a bit surprised that no-one on this busy Mancunian street even asked if I was OK, though this may have had something to do with the fact that I sounded like Hugh Grant in the first few minutes of 'Four Weddings and a Funeral'...

2 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I'm sorry to say that made me laugh. But then I've seen Four Weddings. Hope your knee and umbrella are feeling better now.

Unknown said...

Like Zinnia I chuckled.....sorry. It is amazing how sometimes the world ignores you.

 
Who links to me?